In accordance with the Institutional Reform Plan of People's Government of Beijing Municipality and Notice of Organization Structuring of People's Government of Beijing Municipality (Jingzhengfa No. 2) approved by CPC Central Committee and the State Council, Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology（or the Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology for short）is set up. The Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology is responsible for the development of municipal industry, software & information service industry, as well as the promotion of informatization of the municipal government. The Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology also functions with the name of Beijing Municipal Office of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (or the Municipal Office of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense for short).
Adjustment of Functions
1. Functions incorporated into Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology:
The functions of Beijing Municipal Bureau of Industrial Promotion (Beijing Municipal Office of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense), Beijing Municipal Office of Information Technology, and Beijing Municipal Bureau of Township Enterprises are now under the overall responsibility of Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology.
Functions in the field of management and informatization of the industrial sector under the responsibility of Beijing Municipal Commission of Development & Reform, including: researching and putting forward proposals on municipal industrial development strategy; researching and drafting implementation plans and supporting measures related with the planning of industries in accordance with national industrial plans and policies; guiding the drafting of industrial standards at the local level; approving, filing and reporting fixed-asset investment projects specified by municipal planning and annual plans in the field of industry and informatization within specified authorities; taking charge of the access for the production of automobiles; approving industrial policies in issuing industrial production licenses; planning, drafting of policies and standards of bio-pharmaceutical and new material manufacturing within high-tech industries and the implementation and coordination of such policies; organizing and undertaking the formulation of planning for major technological equipment, coordinating relevant policies; energy-saving, the comprehensive utilization of resources, clean production promotion and the phasing out of outdated capacity; guiding and supporting SMEs, working with competent authorities on the decision-making, supervision and management of the use of small and medium-sized enterprise venture capital fund; relief of burdens for enterprises.
The management responsibilities for the software industry in Beijing under Beijing Science and Technology Committee.
2. Canceled functions
Administrative examination and approval procedures abolished by the municipal government in its announcements.
3. Transformed functions
Accelerating the integration of informatization and industrialization and the combination of high technologies and traditional industrial transformation; promoting the development of higher-end industries like modern manufacturing industry, etc.; accelerating the construction of informatization in Beijing.
Strengthening the service function for state-owned enterprises in Beijing.
Strengthening the function of guiding municipal industry and software & information service industry in guaranteeing production safety; organizing and drafting specifications and standards related to production safety; reinforcing the supervision and management of production safety in the production of explosives for civil uses and the circulation enterprises.
1. Implementing national laws, rules, regulations and policies for industry, software & information service industry and informatization, drafting relevant municipal laws and regulations and governmental regulations, and implementing such drafts.
2. Researching, developing and implementing development plans and industrial policies for municipal industry, software & information service industry and informatization to promote industrial restructuring and upgrading of industrial structure.
3. Monitoring and analyzing operational trends of industry, software & information service industry and informatization in Beijing, making statistics and publishing relevant information; resolving major problems in industrial operation and development through coordination, and putting forward policy recommendations.
4. Approving, filing and reporting fixed-asset investment projects specified by municipal planning and annual plans in the field of industry and informatization within specified authorities; researching and proposing key fields requiring foreign and overseas investments and promotional policies related to industry, software & information service industry and informatization in conjunction with relevant authorities.
5. Guiding technological innovation and technological progress in industry, software & information service industry and informatization, promoting technological transformation in enterprises; organizing implementation of national and municipal major science and technology projects in the field of industry, software & information service industry and informatization, and boosting industrialization of relevant research fruits; guiding quality management of relevant industries.
6. Developing and organizing development planning, implementation programs, supporting policies and industry standards in key areas of industry, software & information service industry, informatization and emerging industries; guiding development of cultural and creative industries in the field of industry, software & information service industry and informatization.
7. Undertaking the responsibility for organizing and coordinating in the revitalization of municipal equipment manufacturing industry, and promoting the development & of major technological equipment and their independent innovation planning and policies; promoting the localization of major technological equipment through national and municipal key projects, and guiding the absorption and innovation for introduced major technological equipment.
8. Developing and organizing the implementation of incentive policies for energy saving, comprehensive utilization of resources and clean production in industry, software & information service industry and informatization; participating in the drafting of incentive planning for energy saving, comprehensive utilization of resources and clean production; organizing and coordinating relevant major demonstration projects and promoting application of new products, technologies, equipment and materials.
9. Guiding and promoting the development of SMEs in Beijing; jointly developing policies and measures with relevant authorities for the development of SMEs and non-state-owned economy, coordinating the resolution of major problems; establishing and improving the service system for SMEs.
10. Guiding and coordinating construction and development of municipal industrial development zones, promoting the construction of industrial production bases; taking responsibility for the construction of industrial production hubs in towns and villages (peasants' employment industrial bases); guiding industrial development in towns and villages.
11. Coordinating and promoting informatization across Beijing; organizing and formulating related policies and coodinating major issues in informatization construction; coordinating E-Government, E-Commerce, informatization of public services and informatization of economic sphere; promoting cross-industry and cross-sector interoperability and interconnection as well as development, utilization and sharing of important information resource; coordinating the construction of social credit system.
12. Coordinating informatization infrastructure planning and management in Beijing; pushing forward the integration of telecommunications networks, radio and television network and computer network; participating in overall planning for public communication network, the Internet, radio network and sector-specific communications networks; taking responsibility for coordinating national communication backbone network, military industry authorities and other sector-specific communications networks.
13. Taking responsibility for management of network and information security in Beijing; taking responsibility for coordinating and maintaining information security and information guarantee system; supervising and guiding security guarantee for important information systems and basic information systems of government departments and key industries; coordinating and handling significant network and information security events; fulfilling specific tasks of Beijing Communications Guarantee And Information Security Emergency Headquarters.
14. Taking responsibility for radio management in Beijing; taking responsibility for unified planning and management over radio frequency resources and radio stations (networks); taking responsibility for the supervison of the research, production and import of radio transmitting equipment; coordinating and handling matters related to electromagnetic interference, and maintaining the air wave order.
15. Organizing and coordinating major issues of weaponry equipment research and production in Beijing, guaranteeing the construction of core competencies in military industry, promoting military and civilian integration; coordinating and promoting the development of municipal aerospace industry.
16. Carrying out foreign cooperation and exchanges in the field of industry, software & information service industry and informatization.
17. Taking responsibility for reasonable allocation of human resources in the field of industry, software & information service industry and informatization, developing qualified personnel planning and related policies and measures together with relevant authorities; launching relevant talent trainings.
18. Undertaking other tasks assigned by Beijing Municipal People’s Government.